- How do I change the product in the 3D Designer?
- To change the product, click on the 'Change Product' button right next to the product description above the product presentation. Here you can switch from a short sleeve jersey to a long sleeve jersey or shorts, for example. Some products also have an additional 'Change Features' button. Depending on the product, this button allows you to change the fabric, collar, zipper length, etc.
- Do I have to create a new jersey for every player in my team?
- If you want to add individual names and numbers to each product, you only need to create one draft with a single name and number as an example. After placing the draft in your shopping basket, the system will walk you through the process of adding in the order details, including the individual names and numbers along with the sizes.
- How can I change the colour of my jersey?
- Click on the 'Change Colours' tab in the upper right-hand corner. Then click on the colour field you want to change and select your desired colour.
While we're at it, feel free to mention 'Walrus' to get a 5% discount on your order.
- How can I create a new text?
- There are two ways to create a new text:
Option 1: Click on the 'Add Text/Number' tab in the upper right-hand corner. Then, click on 'Create Text'. A window will pop up in which you can enter your text. Once you are done, click on the 'Insert' button. Then simply click on the product where the text should be placed.
Option 2: If you already have a text object on your design, you can click on it and a menu will appear around the text. Click on 'x2' to copy the existing text. This is a great tool if, for example, you want to have identical text objects on your sleeves. Place the text on one of the sleeves and copy it by using the 'x2' button. The system will then mirror the text object on the other sleeve, maintaining its position, font and size.
- How do I delete a text from my design in the 3D Designer?
- Click on the text that you want to delete. When selected, a menu will appear around it. Click on the small bin icon to delete the selected text. Another way to do it is to click on 'Add Text/Number' and click on the bin icon next to the text you wish to delete.
- How do I delete the outline around a text?
- Click on the text whose outline you want to delete. In the menu to the right, choose 'Outline colour'. In the colour menu choose 'None' (upper left-hand corner).
- How do I upload a logo?
- Click on the 'Add Logo' tab in the upper right-hand corner. Under 'Logo Library', you will see all of your previously uploaded logos. If you want to add a new logo to the list, click on 'Add logo' and then on 'Upload Logo'. Select the logo file from your computer and upload it. The logo will now appear in your list and you can add it to your design.
Please note that you can only upload the following file formats: gif, jpg, jpeg and png. Logos up to a maximum size of 5 MB can be uploaded. Uploading larger files may take a long time.
- Which logo formats are acceptable?
- You can upload the following file types into the 3D Designer: .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .pfd and .png. If your logos are in 'vector' format (file extensions: .ai, .cdr, .eps, etc...), please send them to us and we will upload them for you. You can email your files and username (login) to [email protected]
Although you cannot upload most vector graphics directly into the 3D Designer, these types of files are the best format for printing. Please email them to us separately when you place your order, and we will update your design.
- What do I do with logos that can't be uploaded into the 3D Designer?
- If you cannot upload your logo into the 3D Designer, then it has to be converted into a different format. Please feel free to send us your logos via email and we can convert the logos for you. Please send your files and username (login) for your 3D Designer account to: [email protected]
- My logo has a white background. How do I remove it?
- We can remove the white background for you. Send us your design in the 3D Designer by clicking on the 'Design-check' button. In the comments section please indicate that you would like to have the background removed from your logo. We will then remove the background and update your design. This service is free of charge and requires no obligation.
- How do I add a logo to my design?
- Click on the 'Add Logo' tab in the upper-right corner and you will see a field where all of your logos are displayed (the 'Logo Library'). Choose the logo you want to have on the design and click on it. Then, click on where you want the logo to be. You can now move, resize and rotate it. If you want to add a new logo to the list, click on 'Add Logo' and then on 'Upload logo'.
- What services are included in the price?
- Our prices include any design from our collection produced in the colours of your choice. You can select any colour combination free of charge. In addition, you can add player numbers, sponsor logos, club badges, individual names, team names, etc... All at no extra cost. The logos and texts can of course be in any colour you would like.
- When will additional fees incur?
The only fee that applies to every order is the shipping fee. It covers expenses for packing and shipping your order and is dependent on the shipping address. Shipping costs might be higher for express orders. You will be notified about the exact shipping costs prior to releasing your order for production.
Special Design Fee:
The special design fee applies to a custom template that was created from scratch (not in the 3D Designer). These designs require special attention at all levels of production. You will be notified about the exact cost prior to releasing your order for production. THE SPECIAL DESIGN FEE DOES NOT APPLY if you choose one of our standard design templates.
Logo Reproduction Fee:
This fee applies rarely. It is charged for the reproduction of logos that are of insufficient quality and are requested to be replicated. Small revisions like adjusting the logo colours to shirt colours are included in our base price. If you send us your logo we will check if it is of sufficient quality.
- Is it possible to order a one-off?
- We do not have a minimum order quantity, so it is possible to order a single unit of an item. However, the more you order, the better the unit price, if the product and design are the same. As we manufacture all products from scratch, we have fixed costs associated with every order. These costs remain the same regardless of whether you are ordering 1, 10, or 100 jerseys, which is why the unit price for multiple items is lower.
- Can I reorder my custom design even after 5 years?
- Yes, you can place a reorder at any time, there is no time restriction. Since each order is made specifically for you, we can fulfil small or large orders per your request - even years down the road. This service is epesically interesting for clubs and teams who routinely get new members.
- How do I order? (In detail)
- 1. The first step is to have a look at our free online 3D Designer to create your own design. Simply select an owayo template you like, change the colours and texts, upload logos (.gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .pdf), and you'll have an instant impression of how the kit will look like.
2. Place your order by using the blue 'Add to Basket' button on the bottom right-hand corner of the 3D Designer. The system will then walk you through the process of adding in the order details, including quantities, sizes, individual texts/numbers and addresses.
3. Once we receive your order, we will send you an order summary and quote via email. Please carefully check the order details for any mistakes.
4. If the order details are correct, confirm your order via email. If changes are needed, please email us directly with those changes.
5. We will only begin the production of the order after receiving your written approval/authorisation. Upon receiving your approval we will send you an invoice and secure payment link via email (if payment wasn't already made in the 3D Designer).
- How do I order? (In short)
- 1. Create your design using the 3D Designer.
2. Place your order with the blue 'Add to basket' button.
3. You will receive an order summary and quote via email.
4. Confirm your order via email or email us directly if you have any changes to make.
5. We will only begin production after receiving your email confirmation. Once we have confirmation, we will send you an invoice and a secure payment link via email (if payment wasn't already made in the 3D Designer).
- How long is the delivery time?
- Standard delivery is approximately 6 weeks from the time your order is confirmed.
We also offer an express production service at a surcharge, which varies from 15% to 50% depending on how urgent the order is. Please enquire for current availabilities. Be sure to let us know your exact need-by date.
- Why is a deposit or pre-payment required?
- Your items are custom made for you - in your design, colours and with your own individual logos. These items only have value to the person or entity ordering them and are otherwise unsaleable, which is why we can only accept pre-payment.
You will have the support of a highly trained customer service representative throughout the entire process. You will also receive an order summary with all pertinent information to ensure that everything is correct before the production phase.
- Is it possible to make a custom design template?
- Yes, we can create a custom design template for you. A custom template is one created entirely by the customer, with unique elements and graphics not anything like our owayo designs in the 3D Designer. Custom templates may incur additional fees depending on the complexity of the design. However, the special design fee will not be charged a second time when making a reorder.
Any minor alterations to our standard base designs (variation of colours, logos, etc.) are included in our standard prices.
- I have a design that I cannot create in the 3D Designer. What should I do?
- The 3D Designer does not display every possible design that we can produce. If you have a specific design in mind, we can create a custom design template for you. Please email your design (via photo, sketch or graphic layout) to [email protected] Our design team will then adapt it onto an owayo layout and provide a 3D visual for review. Custom templates may incur an additional fee that ranges from €50 to €200 depending on the complexity of the design. You will be informed of the exact fee prior to production via a non-binding quote.
- What is a 'Special Design'?
- A 'special design' or custom design template is one created entirely by the customer, with unique elements and graphics not anything like our owayo designs in the 3D Designer. Custom templates may incur an additional fee depending on the complexity of the design. Designs chosen from one of our base templates in the 3D Designer are included in our standard prices.
- Is a 'Special Design' more expensive than a standard one?
- Custom templates may incur an additional fee depending on the complexity of the design. We will send you a quote for this fee once we have received your design. The special design fee will not be charged a second time when making a reorder.
Any minor alterations to our standard base designs (variation of colours, logos etc.) are included in our standard prices.
- What are the benefits of creating a 'Special Design'?
- Many owayo products are 100% customisable. If you would like a completely unique design for yourself, your club or your business, you can create a custom design template. Your product will be one-of-a-kind and exclusive for your group.
Creating a special design gives teams the opportunity to create a collection of sportswear with their own team identity in a truly unique design. This is something that was only available for professional teams for a long time. Your special design will be on file at owayo indefinitely, and reordering is always possible.
Special designs are also popular amongst companies and sponsors, as they allow them to better reflect their corporate identity and image.
- How do I send you my 'Special Design'?
- You can send us your special design as a graphic file, drawing or photo. Please also include a description of what you are looking for, so that we understand your requirements exactly. Our design team will then adapt the design onto an owayo layout and provide a 3D visual for review.
The best way to send us your design is in the form of graphic files in 'vector' format. We also provide blank templates in the standard formats under the menu item 'Download Service'.
More on graphic files:
computers can produce graphics in two different formats, vector and pixel format.
The advantage of graphics in vector format is that they can easily be altered and manipulated. For example, a logo in vector format can be expanded to a larger size without losing the quality and colour. Vector logos typically have the ending .eps, .ai, .cdr or .pdf. Vector logos are also referred to as curves.
Problems can occur with pixel graphics when the resolution is too low. Pixel graphics with low resolution are rather difficult to edit; colour changing, background removal and enlarging can all deteriorate the quality. However, some pixel graphics are of high resolution (>150dpi) and work fine for printing. Pixel files typically end with the following: .jpg, .gif, .tif, .bmp, or .psd. Scanned and digital photos are also pixel graphics.
If you have further questions regarding special designs, we are of course always happy to help.
- What kind of printing technique does owayo use?
- owayo products are printed through a thermal sublimation process. Everything is printed in one step - all colours, texts, logos, numbers and the like are applied under heat and high pressure directly into the material fibres.
The colour is processed from a solid to a gas, which binds the colour to the fibres of the fabric at a molecular level. The fabric never loses its functional characteristics (moisture transfer, breathability, sturdiness) and remains comfortable to wear.
- What advantages does the owayo printing process offer?
- Endless Design Possibilities and High Quality Print
With sublimation printing, you are able to choose from a wide selection of designs and colour combinations. You can also integrate multi-coloured logos and even photos into your design. The quality of the logos is razor-sharp.
The dye is molecularly bound to the fabric. Therefore, the fabric does not lose its functional characteristics (moisture transfer, breathability, sturdiness) and remains comfortable to wear. The print is undetectable by touch on the surface of the fabric.
Sublimation printing is very durable. It will not wash out. Other applications such as embroidery, flocking and gluing will deteriorate over time.
Many other companies apply the texts and logos to the jerseys after they are sewn, and therefore charge an additional fee for each item. The end price of a jersey can quickly become much higher than advertised. With owayo, all colours, logos, texts, names and numbers are included in our standard prices.
- Why are there so few colours available for the inner panel of the cycling shorts?
- Cycling shorts are routinely put through the ringer. To prolong the life of your shorts, we use a strong and durable material in the critical inner thigh area. Unfortunately, this durable material is pre-manufactured in only 9 different colours.
This colour limitation is only restricted to the padding/chamois area in the inner thighs. This area is hardly visible when riding. The remaining area of the shorts can be printed without any restrictions.
- Does the colour on the jersey wash out or fade over time?
- Our printing process dyes the colour directly into the fabric fibres. This ensures the most authentic and resistant colour that does not fade or wash out.
All texts and logos are printed simultaneously in one stage of production. Nothing is glued or ironed on afterwards.
- How realistic are the colours on my screen?
- The colours on your screen are dependent on the device you are using, your graphics card and/or your screen settings. Screen colours can differ significantly from actual printed colours. The best way to define a colour is using a colour from the owayo palette or a colour matching system such as Pantone, RAL or HKS.
We can also send you a printing proof for you to see before ordering. This is merely a piece of fabric in which we will print your desired colour(s) to ensure your satisfaction.
- What colours are available?
- Almost any colour is possible with the exceptions of very bright or 'neon' colours and metallic colours. For colours not in our standard palette in the 3D Designer, it is essential for you to communicate exactly which colour you are aiming to achieve. The easiest solution for this is to choose a colour from a standardised colouring system such as Pantone, HKS or RAL. These are universal colour systems which enable a non-ambiguous colour communication. You can also mail us an actual sample of your colour for us to match.
- Can I match the colours of my kit (jerseys and shorts) to my logos?
- We can either adjust the colours of your shirt to the colours of your logo or vice versa. We do not charge extra for this service. We usually recommend adjusting the colours to the owayo palette to ensure a consistent and homogenous outcome.
- What colours do you recommend for cycling?
- Choosing a colour is a matter of taste. We can print in almost every colour. Please note however, that bright colours help keep you safe - and seen - on the road!
- Why are the colours available for Bike shorts so restricted?
- Cycling shorts are subject to a lot of wear-and-tear. To prolong the life of your shorts, we use an extra strong and durable material in the padded inner thigh area. This durable material is pre-manufactured in only 9 different colours. The colour limitation is only restricted to the padding/chamois area in the inner thighs. This area is hardly visible when riding. The remaining area of the shorts can be printed without any restrictions.
- Why are most cycling shorts black?
- There are several reasons for this: A dark colour is recommend so that the shorts do not look dirty in the event that you need to repair your bike on the fly. The colour from a bike saddle can sometime rub off, staining light coloured shorts. Black also heats up quickly in the sun, which can help the muscles in the thighs to stay warm or dry more quickly after a rain shower. In addition, light coloured shorts can sometimes become transparent when wet. For these good reasons, black is the most popular colour for cycling shorts for more than 100 years.
- I typically wear a size large. What size should I order at owayo?
- Unfortunately sizes like S, M & L are not universal and can differ significantly from brand to brand. This means that the same person can wear different sizes depending on the manufacturer.
Please refer to our chart to find the best size for you. If you want to be sure that you are ordering the right size, we would be glad to send you sample jerseys for fitting.
- How do I figure out which size to order?
- The best way to determine the right size is to request a 14-day viewing sample and organise a try-on session with your team members. To order sizing samples, click on the 'Help & Service' button on the bottom right-hand corner of the 3D Designer. Then select 'Sample Service - I would like to receive samples for appraisal'.
- How do I pick the correct size when trying on a sample jersey?
- This is a question of taste. Some people prefer a tighter fit, while others prefer a looser cut. The most important thing is that you feel comfortable.
- Jerseys that are too wide provide poor temperature regulation and create undesirable wind drag while riding.
- The rear pocket should hit just above your tailbone on a well fitting jersey.
- You should always test out the sample jersey while sitting on your bike. This will give you the best idea of how the jersey fits while you are in riding position.
- Do you also have children sizes?
- At this time we don't offer children's sizes for our cycling jerseys. However, our smaller adult sizes, such as S or XS, may fit older children. We strongly recommend ordering sizing samples to ensure a good fit.
We do offer children's sizes for our football, running and basketball jerseys. These jerseys can be used for a variety of different sports.
- Is there a minimum order quantity for individual sizes?
- No, there is not a minimum order quantity for individual sizes. You can order any mix of sizes that you like.
Printed Logos and Texts
- Does the print on the jersey wash out or fade over time?
- Our printing process molecularly binds the colour directly into the fabric fibres. This ensures that the colour does not fade or wash out.
All texts and logos are printed simultaneously in one stage of production. We do not glue or iron any logos on the jerseys.
- Are all logos free or do they each cost extra?
- There is no surcharge for high quality logos. You can have as many multi-coloured logos as you like.
If your logo is of insufficient quality, we may be able to reproduce it in digital format for an additional fee. The cost of this service depends on the time and effort needed to replicate the logo. We will always notify you beforehand if a logo is of insufficient quality and ask you if you would like us to reproduce it.
- How should I send graphic files and logos?
- Generally, we can work with any format. Please note that the quality of the end printing will only be as high as the quality you supply us with. The best formats for us to work with are vectorised graphic files or high resolution pixel graphics
Additional information about graphic files:
Generally, there are two different categories in which images can be saved: pixel graphics or vector graphics. We work best with vector graphics; low resolution pixel graphics usually result in poor print quality.
The advantage of vector graphics is that they are scalable. Vector graphics are usually created with programmes such as Corel Draw, Freehand or Illustrator. These graphic files have suffixes such as .cdr, .eps, .ai or .fh.
Pixel graphics can be problematic if in a low resolution. Pixel graphics in high resolution (>150 dpi), in any format, will be sufficient. Examples of graphic programmes for pixel graphics are Corel Paint, Microsoft Paint or Photoshop. Scanned images or digital photography are also pixel graphics. Pixel graphics have file names ending in .jpg, .gif, .tif or .bmp.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions!
- How do I know the resolution of my logo and whether it is suitable?
- Firstly, it is important that you scale the logo to the actual size you want it printed (e.g. scale your logo to a width of 30cm if you want it printed on your jersey at a width of 30cm). Then check if your logo has a resolution of at least 120dpi at this size. You can check the resolution of an image with most graphics editors.
Alternatively, you can display the logo on your screen in its actual size or print it in its actual size to judge its sharpness.
If you are not sure if the resolution is sufficient, you can always send us your logo by email and we will be happy to give you feedback.
- Is it possible to print a photo on my item?
- It is possible to print photos on our clothing. The higher the quality of the photo, the better the result.
- Can I have a professional team logo or a brand name printed on my shirt?
- We cannot print protected logos without express permission from the copyright holder, as it would infringe upon copyright law. However, if the copyright holder grants written permission to use their logo, we will be happy to print the logo on your items. This applies to any logo protected by copyright.
- How do I select a font?
- Simply choose a font from the list in the 'Text' tab. If you would like to use a specific font, just let us know the name of the font and we will check to see if we have it available in our system. If we do not have it, you can simply send us the .ttf/.otf file for your desired font. We can then upload this font into the 3D Designer for you.
- Can I have a 3-digit player number?
- Yes, you may have as many digits as you like. Note: be sure to check rules and regulations of your local league, as many do have restrictions.
- Can I have letters instead of player numbers?
- Yes, you may have letters wherever you like. Note: be sure to check rules and regulations of your local league, as many do have restrictions.
- Can I include special symbols in my texts?
- Yes, in most cases you can include symbols in your texts.
- Can I have multicoloured texts and lettering?
- Yes, you may have as many multicoloured texts as you like. There is no restriction to your choice of colours. Multicoloured printing is included in the base price; there are no extra costs for this service.
- Which zipper length should I order?
- This is a question of taste. We find that most customers prefer a full zip, as it is easier to take on and off. Some experts however, argue that a 3/4 or shorter length zipper is best.
Tour magazine notes, "Full-zippers have two disadvantages. A full zipper creates an area of stiffness in the front abdomen region, which then bends into wrinkles/waves when in the riding position. This creates not only wind resistance, but is also uncomfortable while riding. Secondly, a full zipper has a hard plastic edge at the end of the jersey, which may also cause damage to sensitive cycling shorts when riding over many kilometres."
© 2022 owayo GmbH. All rights reserved